The FCSU in providing technical support to the States shall work in collaboration with the following Institutions:
- Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development (FMHADMSD) through NCTO on Results Area 1,
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development through the National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO) on Results Area 2,
- Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment through BOI – on Results Area 3
- Nigeria Governors’ Forum Secretariat which will anchor peer learning and experience sharing.
As part of the Federal CARES Support Unit, the Bank of Industry (BOI) will provide technical support and guidance for Programme implementation of Result Area III (RA3) for all States.
Interface with the FCSU will be done through the BOI Delivery Lead, who will be supported by 1 Project Assistant. Within BOI, there will be two main branches established to support project implementation at the Federal and State levels. A description of the overarching responsibilities of the Federal Team is detailed below:
The BOI-GEEP platform will be responsible for delivering centralized support to ensure that all participating States have the same standardized tools for project execution and delivery. Capacity building for the States shall be provided by the BOI-GEEP Federal Team under the IPF funding window.
BOI-GEEP Responsibilities to the Federal CARES Support Unit
Some of the specific responsibilities for BOI will include:
- Leverage its experience and expertise in the MSME development space to offer program guidance and technical support for RA3.
- Assist the FCSU with programme-wide technology advisory and centralized systems and tools for data verification, programmes monitoring and reporting across Results Areas.
- Complement the FSCU’s effort to provide training and capacity building on the key knowledge areas required to meet the RA3 implementation objectives.
- Deliver on any other programme mandate from the FCSU for which BOI is best suited to undertake.